The feet are the most heavily used parts of the body and also the ones that receive the least attention. Each foot contains of 26 bones, 33 joints and over a 100 muscles, ligaments and tendons. All these are needed to support the weight of the body and counter the stress the feet are under with every step that is taken. The feet do show signs of exhaustion which is why we all love a good foot rub. It relaxes the muscles and promotes blood circulation, making the feet feel less stressed and more energized. While this is always nice, there is much more that can be done for the feet and by doing that, improving the health of the rest of the body. It not something that can be done at home. The best way to give your feet the care they deserve is by getting a regular Thai foot reflexology massage.
What Is Reflexology?
The feet have zones, or reflex areas, that are connected to other parts of the body. In Europe in the 19th century, the connection of the feet to 12 important organs of the body was established and the science of reflexology was born. It uses pressure applied by a trained therapist to unblock the channels to the organs and relieve pressure to them and restore proper health and functioning. Since the concept of reflexology was not in sync with the then prevailing western concepts of physiology, it was only in the latter part of the 20th century that the science arrived in the USA. Since then, the proven benefits of reflexology have caused it to become a popular form of treatment and therapy.
To put it very simply, reflexology works on the principle that overall good health starts with the feet and works its way up through the rest of the body. A professional reflexologist will know what type of pressure to apply to different parts of the feet to achieve the maximum benefits. Reflexology is known to:
- Help in providing relief from minor ailments and sicknesses like the common cold
- Prevent the onset of disease and help in recovery if it should occur
- Help in the treatment of skin allergies, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, liver problems, and chronic headaches among other conditions
- Increase energy levels and alertness
- Provide relief from anxiety, pain and stress and promote relaxation
- Improve the circulation of blood
- Ease the pressure on the legs and feet commonly felt during pregnancy
- Strengthen the feet to make them better equipped to meet the demands placed on them every day
- Speed up recovery from an injury
- Stimulate the functioning of the internal organs
A Foot Rub Is Not The Same
No matter how good a foot rub from a friend or partner feels, it can never provide the benefits that come from Thai foot reflexology. One reflexology session will give immediate proof of the benefits. Besides which, it plainly and simply feels so very good. Visit a professional Thai massage spa to get foot reflexology and massage that will make a positive impact on your health and make you feel relaxed and stress free.